Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus...

Just to take him at his word.

What a beautiful hymn! I've been teaching this to the girls lately and was recently reminded of how sweet it really is if we but trust him and take him at his word. I have a confession to make. I have such little faith sometimes, when I know I should leap I just stand still. What blessings I've missed out on! If only I'd shared with others! What makes us back down from telling others what God has done for us? I'll tell you what it is for me anyway. I'm afraid of what people will think and in the back of my mind I wonder, "was that really God speaking to me, or just my positive thinking?" You see, lack of faith. Back when we put this house on the market and began this adventure of moving to Shallow Roots, God spoke to me very clearly. All this would take place before summers end He told me. Now a righteous and godly woman, much like Mary, the mother of our Lord would do something much different than I myself. When she was visited by the angel Gabriel and told of God's plan for her, what did she say but that she was the Lord's servant and "may it be to me as you have said." And as she met with Elizabeth her cousin who rejoiced in knowing through the Holy Spirit that Mary had become the chosen one to bear the Saviour of the world. Do you remember what Elizabeth said," Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." What incredible faith!! Of course nothing stands up to such a wonderful miracle, I'm just using these righteous women as an example. Do you know who I told? my church? my friends? a total stranger? No I only brought myself to tell my mother and Miles. And even then I felt a little foolish about it. And perhaps you're thinking well she tells us all now because it has come to pass and she wants to prove she was right. Oh no! I want to prove God right!! And I want to confess to all my lack of trust to perhaps not ever be so unsure and faithless again. And encourage everyone to tell others what God has done! What it is that's lacking is total connection! You see if I heard or should I say allow myself to hear God's voice more often there would be no doubt as to who is speaking to me. I would KNOW who it was immediately! There has to be discernment and only that comes from the Holy Spirit! I should have rejoiced from the getgo as to what God was accomplishing in our lives! I should have told everyone around me who was sceptical about the house selling quickly in today's economy that there was no need to worry! I knew what God was going to do! I guess part of me was thinking, "but what if for some reason this really doesn;t come to pass and then I really will look foolish." What does that sound like to you? To me it sounds like, YEAH YOU GUESSED IT... LACK OF FAITH!
Alright this has already becoming longer than I had anticipated. To clear all that mumble jumble up a little, we have a buyer for the house. We had some things to fix according to the contract, like the water heater and A/C unit. We should be closing this month sometime. It seems that there is a little cash register in my mind saying, ca ching ca ching, the only problem is that its all going out and not coming in! We are defiantly not making a profit but this place served its purpose and now its off to something new. Miles is in for six weeks this time which is going to really help!! I want have to sell this house alone! We are attempting to get moved and settled before he leaves. Shewwww! I have a list a mile long of things to do and yet have no idea where to start!! It'll get done and we're excited!

I'll keep you updated. Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment