Friday, August 13, 2010

Homesteading Step 1----FAILURE

The worms are dead! I didn't kill them, they arrived that way. I just don't think it'll be possible for anything to be mailed ALIVE in this triple digit weather. I think I'll have to try again in the fall. What a bummer. I was really looking forward to those little guys eating my garbage and turning it into black gold for the soil! I sure hope I get my money back. Funny ain't it, buying worms? These that supposedly compost the best aren't the regular earthworms in the garden. Not that we could find any on the land anyway. What could possibly dig through solid clay?

I'm still pouring sweat from being out at Shallowroots. And not just a little covered in dirt. I'm forced to seat on the floor as not to get moms furniture all sweaty and dirty. Miles decided to sale his shave ice trailer. He has other plans that is causing him to go in another busy direction. He just hasn't the time to sell shave ice. I really hate that, its such an adorable little concession trailer. And I will really miss the shave ice. But honestly we ate more then we sold. If its not being profitable its really quite silly on our part to just let it sit there. Anyway, I busied myself cleaning it out this afternoon because the couple is picking it up tomorrow. I have to say its rather a bitter sweet ending. We spent alot of money to get that business started for Miles and it ended pretty quickly just for lack of time to run it. I guess its one of those live and learn adventures. Life is full of costly mistakes and you just have to learn to get over it. I guess I'm sounding alot more 'bitter' than 'sweet.' Sorry, it's bound to be the heat and dirt getting to me. It was 102 today. And we fools were out in it!
Boy, I sure could use a shave ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment