Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Umm..a House

It feels like its been a while since I've posted. You all now we have no internet but my parents internet has been down for a while as well. We are house sitting for my parents for two weeks while they are in Louisiana. I forgot how much I enjoyed living in a house! The amount of space...the running water...doors...humm the good life! I refuse to go too far indulging in this fine luxery. We've been going back and forth to the land so that I can feed our dogs and spend some time there. And you know what? I love it there! And I love going back 'home'! There is so much I am not able to accomplish on my own ( I really do not WANT to learn to drive the tractor), however there is plenty of work! My parents helped me build on a small porch before they left to at least get us up off the ground which is really nice. Another little venture I'm really excited about is vermicosting! Its composting with the use of worms! The worms basically eat your garbage. Kitchen scraps, paper, coffe grounds, etc. Thier castings are supposed to be one of the best forms of compost. My soil needs MAJOR improvements and this is a start. I hope to plant broccoli for this fall and winter season. I'll keep you posted.
Meanwhile here are a few more pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment