Sunday, May 23, 2010

Our Weekend

Well, I have been sick with a cold lately and just trying to recover. It seems to take an extra long time when you have others to care for. Despite the fact that I haven't really been feeling like myself lately we just HAD to go to Rusk today. After all, it was my wonderful mother's birthday yesterday and I baked her a cake for the celebration of another year.


It didn't quite turn out like I hoped but I do have an imagination that cake just might not be capable of anyway. It tasted pretty good! Chocolate and peanut butter frosting over homemade dark chocolate cake. It was a diabetic coma in the making!
But I got rather a ahead of myself because before the cake came some southern fried catfish!! Now that was good enough to (as we say down here) slap yo' mama!! Not to mention that the men folk did all the cooking. What a treat! It was great fellowship and the best part was being able to study God's word! How blessed we are to have it!
How's the memorization going by the way? I've got mine, ready...from memory, I promise. "Hear me, O man, what does the Lord require of you, but to act justly, love kindness, and walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8"
I really don't know why I chose that one , not that it isn't a good one, all of God's word is worthy of memorization, after all. I want to get to the point of knowing full chapters. Wouldn't that just be wonderful? To have God's very own words in your heart and mind at all times, imagine how comforting.

1 comment: