Sunday, May 9, 2010

When I stand at the judgement seat of Christ,
And He shows me HIs plan for me,
The plan of my life as it might have been
How I blocked Him here, and I checked Him
there
And I would not yeild my will
Will there be grief in my Saviour's eyes
Greif, though He loves me still?
He would have me rich, and I stand there
poor,
Stripped of all but His grace,
While memory runs like a hunted thing
Down the paths I cannot retrace.
Then my desolute heart will well nigh break
With the tears that I cannot shed.
I shall cover my face with my empty hands,
I shall bow my uncrowned head.
Lord of the years that are left to me,
I give them to Thy hand,
Take me and break me, mould me to
The pattern Thou hast planned.
Author Unknown

As Christians we know that heaven awaits us, but we must stand before our Lord to have our life's fruits weighed upon His scales. Some will enter heaven with fire licking at thier tail and yet others will be named by Him as good and faithful servants. I know there may be no tears in heaven but I have a feeling that before I enter those gates I will indeed shed the tears of should'ves and would'ves that I didn't do for my Lord. I can give ever excuse in the book for why I didn't testify on His behalf while here on this earth, but none of that will matter or be enough in the end. May I not be found wanting as my life is laid before the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment